Online Certificate: Courses in this certificate are delivered completely online.
Embedded within film, documentary, viral video and interactive content, animation is one of the most creative, effective and visually captivating storytelling mediums available to us today. This certificate blends technical instruction in animation, digital illustration, non-linear editing and sound design, with drawing, composition and narrative structure in a way that enables students to develop authentic characters, make images move and tell stories that come alive. Through projects and visual exercises, students develop an online portfolio – enabling them to confidently pursue careers in gaming, simulation, special effects, filmmaking, digital engagement or graphic design.
- Perceptual and animation drawing, design, composition, color theory and its applications
- Character development
- Workflow best practices
- Multiple ways of creating and capturing images
- Combining image and sound
- Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere), Dragonframe digital software
- Understand how to effectively apply drawing, composition and narrative structure to create authentic characters and tell stories
- Apply fundamentals of design and color to enhance visual narratives
- Develop a solid understanding of production, editing and post-production techniques
- Learn animation elements (key frames, fields and levels) and principles (cycles, sync, and timing)
- Leverage applications of animation to film, documentary, viral video and interactive content
- Understand 2D animation industry practices and technical aspects of animation as they relate to digital illustration, non-linear editing and sound design
- Leverage the interdisciplinary relationship between imaging, coding, text, animation and video as design tools in the context of building a website
- Understand how to build an online portfolio for career opportunities in the animation, gaming, simulation, special effects, graphic design, film and video marketplace
Current tuition rates; subject to change over the course of your program. Supplies, software subscription fees and other materials are not included.