This course for new and amateur photographers acquaints students with the basics of photography and the use of their 35mm film or digital cameras, the history of photography, and the aesthetics of composing and shooting great pictures. Lectures, presentations and class assignments cover technical skills involving manual exposure controls, as well as opportunities for personal discovery. With students receiving ongoing guidance through weekly critiques, they explore methods of expanding personal creativity while increasing self-confidence. Whether you are interested in traditional black-and-white or color film, or digital photography, this course provides a strong foundation for any subsequent photographic pursuit, and a great introduction to the art of photography.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Interior Design : Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Electives
- Painting Studies : Electives
- Photography : Level I: Core, Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives