Animation is a unique art form combining static images (usually drawings) and storytelling. These sequential images are put together to create the illusion of motion, much like a flipbook. This course introduces students to the core principles of cycles, levels, and squash and stretch as they start to turn their inanimate drawings into moving, dancing, fighting and flying animations. The use of analog and digital tools will be covered, as well as workflow implementation, including the mechanics of sequencing distinct drawings so that they flow together. Exercises and homework allow students to investigate and experiment with principles outside of class. By the end of the course students will complete a short movie, built frame by frame, and gain artistic confidence.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Level I: Core, Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Interior Design : Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Electives
- Painting Studies : Electives
- Photography : Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives