1186 - Applied Color
Color is one of the most powerful, and complex, tools at the artist's disposal. Bridging the divide between color theory and color practice, this course distills the essentials of color mechanics into workable studies and projects. Students explore color through creative digital exercises using collage and paint to understand color and how to use it effectively. Tutorials and visual presentations explain the role of light, the psychological impact of color, and how such factors as hue, value and intensity affect design. Additional presentations address the historical background of the use of color. Through the process of experiencing the interface of color theory and color application, guidelines toward developing a personal palette are given. Mastery of color is essential in the work of artists, illustrators, craftspeople and designers, making this course an ideal starting point.
Students must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Level I: Core, Electives
- Graphic Design : Level I: Core, Electives
- Interactive Design : Level I: Core, Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Level I: Core, Electives
- Painting Studies : Level I: Core, Electives
- Photography : Level I: Core, Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Level I: Core, Electives
- Residential Interior Design : Level I: Core