Design by Lynne Chisholm
Students will expand on the conceptual and planning skills acquired in Studio I and Studio II as they develop design solutions for two essential rooms in their study model project: a kitchen and a bathroom. Students will learn the basics of millwork, plumbing and wiring to create high-functioning spaces that meet residential construction codes. Additional topics to be addressed include lighting (natural and artificial), ventilation standards and surface materials.
Note: As students have now taken their AutoCAD course, they must be prepared to communicate their design solutions digitally using AutoCAD.
Students must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
- 0637 - Drawing I (Part A) (Pass)
- 0638 - Drawing I (Part B) (Pass)
- 0623 - Design (Part A) (Pass)
- 0624 - Design (Part B) (Pass)
- 1186 - Applied Color (Pass)
- 1466 - Digital Design Techniques (Part A) (Pass)
- 1467 - Digital Design Techniques (Part B) (Pass)
- 4431 - AutoCAD for Interiors (Pass)
- 9019 - Interior Design Studio I: Concept and Ideation (Pass)
- 9020 - Interior Design Studio II: Planning and Specifications (Pass)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Electives
- Painting Studies : Electives
- Photography : Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives
- Residential Interior Design : Level II: Concentration