We are charmed by the sheer beauty and grace of birds. Capturing these elusive and fascinating creatures on paper through illustration may be the next best thing to holding one on your finger for close study. Bird lovers and artists alike are invited to learn techniques crucial to accurately rendering these complex creatures. Special attention is given to the challenge of achieving lifelike effects while referencing taxidermied birds from the Nature Lab, photographed by staff using three-dimensional imagery, focusing on anatomy, function and appearance. Students in this studio course prepare preliminary drawings in pencil, working with line and tone, then transfer these to paper for color rendering.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Interior Design : Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Level II: Concentration, Electives
- Painting Studies : Electives
- Photography : Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives