Building on skills acquired in "Drawing 1, Part A," this course establishes a broader framework for the application of the drawing medium, building toward more complex and informed work. Spatial systems, including perspective, are investigated as well as fundamentals of composition to construct dynamic imagery. Measuring and attention to negative space are essential skills used and reinforced throughout the learning process. Transcribing what is seen or imagined into visual form utilizing multiple approaches -- from note taking to rendering to diagramming and sketching -- is explored. The course is structured around demonstrations, guided exercises, and sustained drawing of varied subject matter including still-life, landscape, architecture and the human form.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Level I: Core, Electives
- Graphic Design : Level I: Core, Electives
- Interactive Design : Level I: Core, Electives
- Interior Design : Level I: Core, Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Level I: Core
- Natural Science Illustration : Level I: Core, Electives
- Painting Studies : Level I: Core, Electives
- Photography : Level I: Core, Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Level I: Core, Electives