Design solutions are more easily found when the designer has a sound understanding of materials, systems and construction methods and when they are properly conveyed using industry-standard documentation software. This project-based course acknowledges both outcomes as students learn the primary tool for building professionals, AutoCAD Revit, to understand architectural anatomy. They gain confidence with the interface and Building Information Modeling (BIM) as they work in class and through self-directed assignments to create cutaway and component architectural views. Students learn the terminology and specifications of vast libraries of materials, and can expect to exit the course with competency using Revit, leading to a better understanding of structural, electrical, media and HVAC systems and a stronger portfolio.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Interior Design : Electives, Level II: Concentration
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Electives
- Painting Studies : Electives
- Photography : Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives