Design by Michael Camara
In this final studio course, interior design students put it all together, undertaking interior design projects requiring in-depth research including historical styles, cultural influences and special-purpose spaces. A final project demonstrates the student’s familiarity with major interior design components, including lighting, finishes, building codes, millwork and material standards. Business practices and methods for presenting design solutions are also covered for those who are about to begin, or who have already commenced, a career in interior design. Certificate students: Class meets over the course of the 12-week term, with meetings established by the instructor at the beginning of the term. Students work independently on their projects and in-between class meetings. A final portfolio highlighting the final project is assembled as part of the final deliverables.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
- 1047 - Project Management for Interior Designers (Complete)
- 0812 - Interior Design Studio II: Public Spaces (Complete)
- 9021 - Interior Design Studio II: Public Spaces (Part A) (Complete)
- 9022 - Interior Design Studio II: Public Spaces (Part B) (Complete)
- 1015 - Lighting for Interior Design (Complete)
- 1039 - Building Materials, Systems + Methods of Construction (Complete)
- 4440 - Revit for Interior Design (Complete)
- 4431 - AutoCAD: Interior Design I (Complete)