Building on skills acquired in Drawing I, this next-step course is designed to further strengthen and refine drawing and compositional abilities. Students explore the descriptive and expressive manipulation of materials such as charcoal, graphite pencil, pen and ink, and mixed media, while learning to create more volumetric and spatial drawings through the use of value and composition. In the process, students work representationally (from still lifes, interiors, nature and abstractly) as they consider gesture and contour, planar analysis, foreshortening, proportion, and volumetric rendering of forms. Ultimately, students develop confidence in approaching a wide variety of subject matter as part of a well-composed drawing.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Level II: Concentration, Electives
- Painting Studies : Level II: Concentration, Electives
- Photography : Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives