3537 - Final Studio: Animation
The final studio is an opportunity for students to pursue and develop independent projects in animation. The course aims to develop and shape a self-sustaining critical discourse focused on each student's emergent practice, as they gain confidence in their ideas, and become independently working artists. In the final studio you’ll undertake a self-directed project that may range from animated shorts to storyboards for your portfolio to demo reels for specific areas of interest—or even a comprehensive illustrative project such as a children's book, or graphic novel. You and your instructor will meet prior to the start of the class to review your project pitch, create a timeline with realistic and achievable goals, and develop a strategy to take your project from start to finish.
Special Schedule: Class meets over the course of the 12-week term, with meetings established by the instructor. Students also work independently between class meetings. A final individual portfolio review is included at the end of the semester and will be scheduled with your instructor.
PrerequisitesStudents must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
- 2832 - Animation II: Narrative (Pass)
- 9023 - Animation II: Narrative (Part A) - The Pitch (Pass)
- 9024 - Animation II: Narrative (Part B) - The Animatic (Pass)
- 2503 - Adobe After Effects (Pass)
- 9045 - Adobe After Effects (Part A) (Pass)
- 9046 - Adobe After Effects (Part B) (Pass)
- 2232 - Storyboarding (Pass)
- 1723 - Animation Drawing (Pass)
- 2202 - Designing Character (Pass)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Level II: Concentration, Electives
- Graphic Design : Electives
- Interactive Design : Electives
- Jewelry Making + Design : Electives
- Natural Science Illustration : Electives
- Painting Studies : Electives
- Photography : Electives
- Product Development + Manufacturing : Electives