Design by Michael Camara
Designing successful shared spaces involves communication, brand identity and project management. You’ll take on these challenges as you consider preliminary design strategies for public spaces. This includes a foundational overview of legislated policies like the ADA, local health and safety codes and project sites that might include offices, retail outlets, hotels or healthcare facilities. You will learn about workflow as you research, measure, draw, propose and plan in order to deliver a personal design concept that reimagines our shared spaces. This is part one of a two-part course.
Students must be an adult age 18 or older to participate.
- 1050 - Interior Design Studio I: Private Spaces (Pass)
- 9019 - Interior Design Studio I: Concept and Ideation (Pass)
- 9020 - Interior Design Studio II: Planning and Specifications (Pass)
- 3542 - Digital Design Techniques (Pass)
- 1466 - Digital Design Techniques (Part A) (Pass)
- 1467 - Digital Design Techniques (Part B) (Pass)
- 1186 - Applied Color (Pass)
- 1815 - Design (Pass)
- 0623 - Design (Part A) (Pass)
- 0624 - Design (Part B) (Pass)
- 2214 - Drawing I (Pass)
- 0637 - Drawing I (Part A) (Pass)
- 0638 - Drawing I (Part B) (Pass)